Summer is a beautiful time of the year but where we live, it can get way too hot to enjoy! Lately, we have started making popsicles at home as they are a refreshing treat for the afternoons when it’s too warm to go outside. Our Creamy Matcha and Peach Popsicles are the perfect summer snack that you can easily make at home.
First, we made this lovely Mango Coconut Popsicles, and they were gone in no time. So I decided to make some more, but this time using one of my favourite ingredients: Matcha. I love matcha green tea powder. The fragrance, flavour, the energy boost you get from it, the health benefits that contains and how beautiful it looks when you make recipes with it.
Our recipe is naturally gluten-free, vegan and contains just five ingredients: Organic matcha green tea powder, fresh peach, coconut milk, avocado and maple syrup.
How to make Creamy Matcha and Peach Popsicles
In order to make popsicles, you’ll need a popsicle mold. We recommend you to use a silicone mold as they are easier to clean and work with. As well, the mold we have is a medium-size one. The popsicles are perfect size for when we make them for our toddler too. Not too big, not too small! This is the mold we use.
We prepare two different mixtures to make our matcha and peach popsicles and they look nicer and in my opinion, the taste from both mixtures on their own is better than combined.
- Peach. For this part, the only ingredient that you need is the peach itself. To make this mixture smoother and sweeter, cook the peach in a small pan for about 10-15 minutes. Once the peach is cooked, mash it with a potato masher or a fork. You can blend it as well, but you get the perfect texture just mashing it manually.
- Matcha and Coconut Mixture. For this mixture, add matcha, coconut milk, avocado and maple syrup and blend all the ingredients until perfectly combined.
When both mixtures are done, pour the mashed peach into the molds covering 1/3 of of it. Freeze for 30 minutes and then pour the matcha and coconut mixture filling the mold to the top.
Cover with lid (if any) and place the wooden sticks.
Freeze for at least 5 hours or until totally frozen. To get the popsicles out of the mold easily, sink the mold in warm water for 20-30 seconds. That should help!
Choosing the right Matcha Green Tea Powder
Matcha is a type of green tea made with young tea leaves. The tea leaves picked are grown under shade and have an increased amount of chlorophyll which makes them greener. They are then steamed, dried and slow stone-grinded into a fine powder. When it comes to choosing Matcha, we always search for organic and chemical-free matcha powder.
For your popsicles or other recipes involving matcha to have a vibrant green colour, the matcha powder needs to be fresh, organic and a good quality one.
Our top brand when it comes to tea and especially matcha powder is Chad’s Chai. Their matcha is packed full of antioxidants and free of harmful chemicals.
More recipes with Matcha
Creamy Matcha and Peach Popsicles
- 2-3 peach
- 1 tablespoon matcha
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- Cut the peaches into cubes and cook in a small pan for about 10-15 minutes. Once the peach is cooked and really soft, mash it with a potato masher or a fork. Leave aside to cool.
- Pour into the popsicle mold the cooked and mashed peach until it covers 1/3 of the mold. Freeze for 30 minutes
Matcha & Coconut
- Add into a blender the matcha powder, coconut milk, maple syrup and the avocado. Blend for at least 30 seconds or until the mixture is completely smooth and homogeneous.
- When the peach has been freezing for at least 30 minutes, pour the matcha mixture into the mold until filling it up to the top.
- Cover with lid (if any) and place the wooden sticks. Freeze for at least 5 hours or until totally frozen.
- To get the popsicles out of the mold easily, sink the mold in warm water for 20-30 seconds. That should help!