You will be delighted to know that our Vegan Chocolate Mousse is suitable for the whole family. It’s sugar-free so you can give it to your toddlers and kids. Every time we make this mousse we end up “fighting” for the last bit. Our toddler Luca loves it of course, but so do we.
The vegan chocolate mousse can be served as a dessert, snack, a spread for pancakes or sandwich and even inside the porridge to make it sweeter and less boring! Get some more delicious snacks ideas here.
You will just need five simple ingredients to make this recipe: Soaked cashews, coconut milk or any other dairy-free milk, dates, cocoa and cinnamon. This recipe doesn’t need any added sugar, as the dates are already sweet.
It literally takes 5 minutes to prepare the chocolate mousse. The only part you need to have ready in advanced is soaked cashews. We normally leave the cashews soaking overnight the day before but if you haven’t, you can soak the cashew nuts in boiling hot water for around 20-25 minutes and they will be ready.
- Use coconut milk if you have it available rather than soy milk. It gives the mousse a creamier consistency and adds a delicious coconut aftertaste to it.
- Soak the cashew nuts overnight. This will give you a smoother consistency.
Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- 200 gr cashews
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 8 to 10 dates
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Soak the cashew nuts overnight.
- Mix in a cup all the ingredients and blend till you get a perfectly smooth consistency. Make sure all the little cashew bits are blended.
- Leave in the fridge for one or two hours before serving.
Check more delicious dairy free recipes for toddlers and kids here.