Lemon and rosemary potato wedges are Astra's speciality. As a good Irish man, he knows how to roast the potatoes to get that crunchiness and combine them with the perfect ingredients.
Both, lemon and rosemary are ingredients that we get at home (literally in our backyard) so we prepare these potato wedges quite often. They are delicious and easy to make, so it is a win-win. If you cannot get fresh rosemary, you can always use dry rosemary or thyme.
This side dish is a perfect option for the whole family. Our toddler Luca loves them. They have the perfect shape for him to pick and eat with his little hands.
How to make the perfect Potato Wedges
- Try using Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes. They are large so it is easier to get the perfect shape and they have a high starch content which is what you are looking for when roasting potatoes.
- To give them that extra crunch, we use fine breadcrumbs. In our pantry, we always have "Quelitas", local biscuit crumbs that make your coatings crunchier and tastier. You can use any type of fine breadcrumbs, or just make your own with a food processor.
- Before roasting your potatoes, you will need to hard boil them for just 5 minutes if you like them crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Place a silicone baking mat on the baking tray before adding the potato wedges so they don't stick to the bottom and you will keep your tray clean (what a great discovery!).
How to make the Potato Wedges Gluten-free
Our recipe contains fine breadcrumbs, but we have an excellent alternative if you want a gluten-free option. Try this homemade greek seasoning. It's made out of different dried herbs and lemon pepper, the perfect mix for these lemon potato wedges.
Lemon & Rosemary Potato Wedges
- 6 to 8 potatoes Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes are best
- 2 to 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon fine breadcrumbs
- 1 head of garlic with the bottom sliced of
- ½ lemon sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cut the potatoes into thick wedges and place them in a pan of boiling water. Parboil the potato wedges for 5 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and place them in a bowl. In the same bowl, add the olive oil, garlic and onion powder, sweet paprika, rosemary, breadcrumbs and salt and to taste.
- Toss the potato wedges with all the ingredients to get them all perfectly coated. We recommend you use your hands to coat them if the potatoes are not too hot.
- Transfer the potato wedges to a baking tray and add the head of garlic and the sliced lemon. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until crispy on the outside. Make sure you flip them over in between so they dont stick to the bottom of the tray.