Why are these The Best Loaded Vegan Nachos you will taste? For many reasons: You can make them in 20 minutes, they don't need to be baked, they come with a delicious vegan cheese dip that will make you want to lick the bowl, they are quite healthy so perfect for the whole family including your little ones and the most important, they are extremely yummy!
We started making these loaded vegan nachos when our son Luca was just a few days old. Being so tired and overwhelmed we kept looking for comfort recipes that were healthy-ish and that wouldn't leave the kitchen in a mess. We just needed fast and delicious recipes that were at the same time nutritious, especially for me, as I was breastfeeding and feeling completely drained.
The nachos we made that day were just so good that we have been making them since. We've kept improving the recipe until we found the perfect one.
How to make the Best Loaded Vegan Nachos?
All you need are good quality tortilla chips, tomatoes, red bell pepper, avocado, jalapeños, cilantro, lime and our easy to make vegan cheese dip. Place the tortilla chips evenly on the tray that you want to serve the loaded nachos and add the chopped vegetables, chopped avocado, jalapeños, cilantro and squeeze half a lime on the top. Add the vegan cheese dip and pour some in a bowl for extra dipping. Finish the nachos with some smoked paprika on the top. There you go, ready to serve and enjoy.
Our vegan cheese dip is made with pre-soaked cashews, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, lemon juice, turmeric, garlic powder, maple syrup, water and salt. All ingredients combined into a blender and blended until smooth make a delicious dip that you won't be able to stop eating.
We normally soak the cashews overnight as you get a smoother dip, but you can also instead soak them in hot water for 20-25 minutes.
How to serve The Best Loaded Vegan Nachos?
This recipe works really good when you have people coming over for dinner, a party or just for a snack. As much as nachos are a snack or starter, our loaded nachos can be served as a main dish. It is a perfect option for those days that you just don't feel like cooking, cause we've all been there. It is loaded with fresh vegetables and healthy unsaturated fats from the avocado. The vegan cheese dip is made from cashews and other natural ingredients so you can be sure that this meal gives you all you need to keep going with your day. We love placing the tray in the middle of the dining table and sharing the nachos with the family or friends.
If you are looking for more finger-food recipes, here are our most popular ones:
- Hummus. Roasted Red Pepper or Beetroot Hummus
- Baba Ganoush. Delicious aubergine dip
- Vegan Spicy Cauliflower Bites
- Crispy Baked Tofu
- Lemon & Rosemary Potato Wedges
Are Loaded Nachos Kid and Toddler Friendly?
Well, loaded nachos is not a dish I would order at a restaurant for our son Luca. They are normally greasy and contain too much cheese. But our loaded nachos are totally kid and toddler friendly. Our toddler has just started joining us when we are having loaded nachos. He loves the tortilla chips dipped with the vegan dip. We make a side of the tray without jalapeños or smoked paprika for him but the rest he can eat! Make sure to get the good quality tortilla chips if your little ones will be joining. Some of them contain too much salt and other unnecessary additives.
The Best Loaded Vegan Nachos
Ingredients for the loaded nachos
- 300 g tortilla Chips
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- 1 avocado chopped
- A Handful of jalapeños
- A Handful of fresh cilantro
- Half a lime
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Ingredients for the vegan cheese dip
- 100 g overnight soaked cashews
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place the tortilla chips evenly on a tray.
- Squeeze some of the water out of the chopped tomatoes and add them evenly to the tray. Add the chopped red bell pepper and onion so you create the first layer.
- Add the chopped avocado and jalapeños. Chop the fresh cilantro and sprinkle on the top.
- Squeeze half a lime on the top and sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- For the vegan cheese dip, add to a blender the presoaked cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic powder, smoked paprika, turmeric, water, maple syrup and salt. Blend all the ingredients until you have a smooth consistency.
- Pour some of the vegan cheese dip into a squeeze sauce bottle and squeeze on the nachos. Reserve some of the dip and pour it into a small bowl for extra dipping.