A roundup of 51 festive vegan Christmas dinner recipes to enjoy with your family and friends.
Appetizers, mains, sides, and desserts. Here you will find all you need to create the perfect plant-based menu to surprise your guests.
Why we think you will love this list
- We gathered unique recipes for this roundup. All these Vegan Christmas Dinner recipes are festive, made especially for Christmas Day. We haven't included recipes that you can make every day. If you found this list, you are surely looking for a special menu that we wanted to help create.
- You can find some recipes from our own blog, and from other blogs we trust and we know. We are confident that you can find fantastic vegan Christmas dinner ideas here.
- This post includes classic Christmas recipes with a vegan spin such as roasts, pies, casseroles, salads, Christmas cakes, and cookies.
- Because we have been there, Christmas after Christmas trying to create a delicious menu for a crowd that includes meat eaters. We have the pressure to cook something delicious to show people how you don't need meat!
- Also, if you are here because you have some vegan or vegetarian guests and you need some inspiration, this list can help you develop the perfect festive menu for them.
Vegan Essential Ingredients for Christmas:
There are a few ingredients that will help you make your Vegan Christmas Dinner Recipes menu if you have them at home. These are essential ingredients that we normally buy for this festive season if we don't have them already:
- Dried mushrooms. Dried mushrooms such as porcini, shiitake, or wild mushrooms will help when flavoring your dishes. You can soak them in water and create a rich stock, or add them to your dishes.
- Spices. Nutmeg, cloves, rosemary, sage, cinnamon, black pepper, or cumin are popular spices to use in your Christmas dishes. Make sure you have your spice rack ready for the season!
- Vegan cream. If you like creamy dishes or desserts, you will need to have some vegan cream ready to use or make your own. You can use coconut milk, cashew cream, oat cream, or soy cream. You can buy them already made or you can make your own.
- Fresh root vegetables. Root veggies such as beetroots, potatoes, turnips, and carrots are really popular as side dishes or as ingredients for your main plant-based Christmas recipes.
- Vegan pastry. You can make dishes such as pies, wellington, tarts, or different appetizers with pastry. You can find vegan pastry in most supermarkets.
- Ingredients to flavor the dishes. There are some ingredients that will help you enhance the flavor of your dishes such as vegetable stock cubes, tomato paste, yeast flakes, mushroom powder, vegan butter, marmite, soy sauce, maple syrup, etc.
Vegan Christmas Appetizers
You can find here some inspiration to start your Christmas menu. Festive hummus, stuffed mushrooms, snack boards, and more.
Vegan Christmas Main Dishes
Get inspired to make the perfect main course for your family and friends. The Christmas menu is all about flavor, textures, and combinations of seasonal ingredients to create something unique.
12. Vegan Wellington
Out of all the Vegan Christmas Dinner Recipes, this Vegan Mushroom Wellington is our favorite. It's a delicious and satisfying alternative to the classic Beef Wellington. Surprise your guests with this mouthwatering Vegan Wellington made with mushrooms and nuts filling and wrapped in puff pastry. The flavors and textures of this festive main dish are simply perfect.
Vegan Christmas Side dishes
We are quite simple when it comes to side dishes, but during Christmas, we enjoy taking the time and energy to create some beautiful side dishes to serve with our festive mains. Find here from simple mashed potatoes to hearty casseroles, salads, or roasted veggies.
26. Maple Roasted Carrots
If you are looking for a simple side dish to serve for your Christmas dinner, these Maple Roasted Carrots are a crowd-pleaser.
Carrots are great on their own, we enjoy eating them raw or cooked but when they are combined with maple, vegan butter and an assortment of the right spices, they are just absolutely delicious.
27. Cabbage Steaks
If you are looking for a fun and delicious way to cook your cabbage, this is it! These Roasted Cabbage Steaks served with tahini sauce and pomegranate seeds, are incredibly simple to make and offer an outstanding combination of taste, texture, and presentation. Make this fun dish as one of your Vegan Christmas Dinner Recipes. You can use red cabbage too!
28. Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Asparagus
This simple Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Asparagus recipe is a healthy, delicious side dish that's full of lightly sweet, deeply browned flavor, with crispy and tender textures. Finished with a rich drizzle of olive oil, these savory roasted veggies are a perfect pairing for just about everything!
29. Cauliflower Salad
Our Roasted Cauliflower Salad served with a lovely Tahini Dressing is the perfect way to keep enjoying salads during the coldest months of the year. Filling, healthy, and absolutely delicious, this Middle Eastern-inspired dish will become a favorite this Christmas season.
35. Green Bean Casserole
This Dairy Free Green Bean Casserole is a traditional casserole made without dairy and only requires 9 ingredients. It's also vegan and gluten-free and comes together quickly, making it the perfect side dish for holiday meals. Get your green beans ready!
36. Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Whole roasted cauliflower is a showstopping healthy baked main or side dish. The garlic and smoked paprika give it a wonderful flavor, while the cauliflower gets soft inside and crispy on the outside. It's really simple to make, and it's perfect for Christmas dinner.
37. Roasted Romanesco with Pomegranates and Tahini Sauce
Warm vegetable side dishes with lots of flavor are great for fall and winter. And this roasted Romanesco with pomegranates and tahini sauce fits that perfectly. Add it to your holiday table for a delicious burst of seasonal flavor.
Vegan Christmas Desserts
A festive meal is not completed without a sweet treat. Christmas is the perfect excuse to indulge in some delicious desserts from Christmas Cookies to Cakes, Crumbles, tarts, and much more.
43. Easy Vegan Crème Brûlée
This decadent dessert is homemade, plant-based, and calls for just six ingredients. It's also gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free! Just like the classic, it has golden-brown caramelized sugar on top that you’ll love cracking to reveal the rich vanilla custard beneath.
44. Vegan Apple Crumble
This autumnal Vegan Apple Crumble is easy to prepare using simple ingredients. The combination of baked apples with the most delicious crumble is simply perfect. Served with creamy vegan ice cream, you will have a winner dessert for this holiday.
Vegan Christmas Sauces
For the best Vegan Christmas menu, you'll need the best sauces.
50. Vegan Gravy
This Easy and Simple Vegan Gravy recipe is the vegetarian gravy you've been waiting for! Made with nutritional yeast and marmite for a ton of flavor, this vegan brown gravy is perfect with mashed potatoes, vegetarian poutine, or as part of your Christmas table.