This beautiful carpaccio is a great choice for summer. Our Beet Carpaccio with Goat Cheese, Walnuts and fresh mint vinaigrette is both refreshing and healthy. The sweetness from the beetroot is complemented by the saltiness of the goat’s cheese. Being so easy to cook, this carpaccio makes a winner side dish for your summer meals. It’s really beautiful too so if you make this salad to bring to a party or family dinner it will be a hit.
We love beetroot, but we still feel like we are not making the most out of this colourful vegetable. We have some really good recipes using beetroot but we know there still so much more to discover. This recipe was a good discovery that we will definitely be preparing quite often this summer.
Coming back home when it’s really warm outside and you feel totally wrecked is not the best time to spend hours in the kitchen preparing your meal. When your body just asks for something fresh and nutritious, think of how good this meal would be. Beetroot contains a high amount of water, so it’s perfect for those hot summer days.
We had fresh beetroot for this recipe, and before using it for the carpaccio, we had to bake it in the oven for around 40 minutes. If you buy pre-cooked beetroot, you can skip this step, and you can prepare the dish with no cooking involved, which is great sometimes! If the beetroot is already cooked, the dish can be prepared in 15 minutes.
Make it Vegan!
If you want to make this salad vegan, substitute the goat’s cheese for our crispy baked tofu and the honey for maple syrup.
Why should you include Beetroot in your diet?
Beetroot is often referred to as a superfood. When I got to know all the benefits that beetroot has for our body, I started thinking of it as a superfood too. These vegetables are packed with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fibre. Beetroot is low in fat too. If you haven’t tried it yet, you need to make beetroot part of your diet, whether it’s juiced, baked, raw or boiled!
Other dishes to serve with the Beet Carpaccio
Here are some ideas to serve with the salad and prepare a complete and tasty meal.
- Red Pepper Hummus. This salad, with our red pepper hummus and some freshly baked bread, make a proper and amazing meal.
- Vegan Burgers packed full of mushrooms and lentils complement perfectly the beetroot carpaccio.
- Grilled corn and our Rosemary and Lemon Potato Wedges. With these two additional dishes, you have made yourself a pretty good meal, guaranteed.
Beet Carpaccio with Goat’s Cheese
- 1 medium-size beetroot
- 50 gr goat's cheese
- A handful of lamb’s lettuce or rocket salad
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 6 leaves mint finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- With fresh beetroot, cut the top and the bottom part, and bake in the oven for around 40 minutes at 200C. If you are using pre-cooked one, skip this step.
- Thinly slice the beetroot and lay on the serving plate. Leave a circle in the middle and add the lamb’s lettuce or rocket salad.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, mix the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, fresh mint leaves, honey, mustard and a pinch of salt. Wisk all the ingredients together until combined. Pour onto the beetroot and salad leaves.
- Add the goat's cheese into a small bowl with one tablepoon of olive oil. Whip the cheese using a fork and add onto the salad.
Looking for more recipes with beetroot? Check this delicious beet hummus!